Announcement of the 4 finalists of the BelgianArtPrize 2019 edition!
On April 17, 2018, the members of the jury came together to nominate the 4 finalists of the BelgianArtPrize 2019.
The jury consisted of
- Philippe Van Cauteren (Artistic Director S.M.A.K.),
- Kersten Geers (Architect and founder together with David Van Severen of OFFICE Kersten Geers David Van Severen),
- Bernard Marcelis (Historian and art critic, independent curator),
- Sophie Lauwers (Director Arts & Policy BOZAR),
- Michel Moortgat (CEO Duvel Moortgat, art collector )
- Giuliana Setari Carusi (President Cittadellarte – Fondazione Pistoletto and Dena Foundation for Contemporary Art, art collector ) and
- Sylvie Winckler (Art collector)
The members of the jury shortlisted four candidates for the BelgianArtPrize 2019:
GABRIEL KURI and
JOS DE GRUYTER AND HARALD THYS
The artists have been invited to create works that will be exhibited at BOZAR- Centre for Fine Arts between 15 March and 26 May 2019.
Congratulations to the nominated artists! We are looking forward to discovering their artworks!