Launch of the BelgianArtPrize 2020 – The jury
The BelgianArtPrize 2020 jury members are:
- Olga Dreesmann Ramos-Esteban (collector, supporter of fundamental art research and of several art institutions and philanthropic causes, board member of several institutions);
- Wilfried Cooreman (collector, board member of several cultural institutions);
- Otobong Nkanga (artist, BelgianArtPrize winner 2017);
- Nataša Petrešin-Bachelez (independent curator, editor and writer);
- Dries Douibi (co-director of Kunstenfestivaldesarts, dramaturge) and
- Nicolaus Schafhausen (curator, author and editor).
The organizers made a conscious effort to diversify the panel of jury members and brought together personalities truly engaged in the current contemporary art scene, from different backgrounds, and with a variety of activities in both institutional and private spheres.