The members of the first jury are:
- Kersten Geers, architect and co-founder of OFFICE Kersten Geers David Van Severen,
- Sophie Lauwers, Director Arts & Policy – BOZAR,
- Bernard Marcelis, Historian and art critic, independent curator,
- Michel Moortgat, CEO Duvel Moortgat, art collector,
- Giuliana Setari Carusi, President Cittadellarte – Fondazione Pistoletto and Dena Foundation for Contemporary Art, art collector,
- Philippe Van Cauteren, Artistic Director of the S.M.A.K. – Stedelijk Museum voor Actuele Kunst in Ghent and
- Sylvie Winckler, art collector.
The Jury’s decision to select Sven Augustijnen, Koenraad Dedobbeleer, Gabriel Kuri and the artist duo Jos De Gruyter & Harald Thys is based on the subtle stratification and colourful diversity of Belgium’s contemporary art scene. These four artists were selected for the analytical and spatial nature of their artistic practice. Each and every one of them has found in Belgium an inspirational place to work in a focused manner. The Jury is convinced that the international visibility and reputation of the four laureates of the BelgianArtPrize can also be consonant with their grounding in Belgium.